This is the Pitzer College 紧急信息 webpage. In the event of an emergency, we will communicate via this webpage, 电子邮件, telephone and/or campus broadcast system.
Dear Pitzer Community,
As we continue to navigate the challenges posed by COVID, and because Pitzer has returned to in-person instruction, we wanted to reach out to the community with some important recommendations and guidelines. The safety and the well-being of our community remain our top priorities.
- Masking for staff and faculty is not required on campus but the wearing of masks in all indoor shared spaces within the campus is highly recommended for all employees and visitors. This includes common areas, meeting rooms, hallways, and elevators. Surgical masks and KN95 masks are available across campus, including at the Dean of 教师’s Office, Office of Student Affairs, 金色学生中心, 人力资源, 和设施. 教师 may continue to require masking in classes when desired.
- COVID tests for staff and faculty will be available through HR, 设施, and the Dean of 教师’s offices. Tests are also available through Pitzer-sponsored medical insurance plans. 工作人员 and faculty may test at home or off campus. Positive results must be reported to HR within 24 hours using the new Smartsheet link: Covid Exposure – Self-Reporting Form. Following form submission, HR will advise individuals on the isolation period of 5 days, and additional resources available to them.
- Although hand sanitizing stations will remain throughout campus and within buildings, it is highly recommended that staff wash their hands often. Disinfecting wipes will be available for classrooms. Please assist in keeping Pitzer safe and healthy by regularly washing hands and wiping down surfaces (e.g., printers, keyboards before and after use) and shared community areas.
- Masking for students is not required on campus but is highly encouraged indoors. Masks are available in the Residence Life Office, Dean of 教师’s Office, Office of Student Affairs, 金色学生中心, 人力资源, 和设施. 教师 may continue to require masking in classes when desired.
- COVID tests are available to students via the Honnold Library testing machine, and private medical insurance. All positive tests should be reported to the Student Health Center and (电子邮件保护). Student Health will communicate with OSA staff and make proper arrangements as needed.
- OSA will then notify the faculty of the student’s enrolled courses and update the faculty when the student is released.
Remember that wearing masks is a simple yet effective measure to reduce the spread of COVID, especially with the emergence of new variants. By following these recommendations, we contribute to the safety and well-being of our entire community.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and commitment to the health and safety of all our members. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns regarding these guidelines. For more information regarding LA County’s Public Health updates you may visit http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/coronavirus/guidances.htm
一如既往地, we are truly grateful for our entire community and its commitment to being “Mindful of Each Other.”
Safety and Emergency 准备 Coordinator
设施 and Campus Services
Campus Emergency Phone Numbers
909-607-2000 or 909-621-8170
Pendleton Business Building
150 East Eighth Street
Claremont, CA 91711
Student Information: 909-621-8241
人员/教师 Information: 909-621-8254
Office of Communications: 909-621-8219
Claremont Colleges Emergency Websites
The Claremont Colleges Services